Hi Dolls…. so as you know, I have been sticking to my new “clean eating” program and I have been hitting it hard at the gym 🙂
I feel a new sense of self. I even baked yesterday…. which felt so good. I even wore an apron… it was frilly pink. Sorry I didn’t take a picture.
Last night, I whipped up probably THEEEE best salty and savory brownies from scratch- in less than one hour.
I had come across them earlier this week via Jenna
her pictures do this treat way more justice… but I still got the same taste.
I must admit. I licked the spoon. I had a morsel of the brownie that was left on the knife too:)
This recipe was super easy 🙂 And the smell was oh so chocolatey – YUM.
I brought them into work and they’re going fast!
Salted Fudge Brownies:
- 1-½ stick Butter
- 2 ounces, weight Unsweetened Chocolate (finely Chopped) I used Milk Chocolate
- ¼ cups Plus 2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 cups Sugar
- 3 whole Eggs
- 1-½ teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour
- ½ teaspoons Sea Salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Place two large pieces of foil in a 9-inch square metal cake pan with foil, draping the foil over the edges. Spray foil with cooking spray.
2. Melt the butter with the unsweetened chocolate over very low heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Whisk to combine. Add the cocoa, sugar, eggs, vanilla and flour. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the surface with a rubber spatula. Grind sea salt evenly over the batter. Using a butter knife, swirl the salt into the batter. Grind a little extra on top, making sure to sprinkle it evenly and leave it setting on top of the batter.
3. Bake for about 35 minutes, until the edge is set but the center is still a bit soft and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out coated with a little of the batter. Cool at room temperature in the pan for about an hour, then refrigerate just until they are firm. Lift the brownies from the pan and remove foil. Cut the brownies into 12 or 16 squares.
What is your favorite dessert if you had to pick one?
I love brownies and chocolate cake warm and gooey under several scoops of vanilla ice cream. ……..mmmmmmmmm chocolate!
For now, I am sticking to chocolate vita tops warmed up then spooned into plain Greek yogurt.…also D-Lish 😉